Your Google Assistant is ready to help when and where you need it. Manage your schedule , get help with everyday tasks, control smart home devices, enjoy your entertainment, and much more.
Just start with: “Hey Google”
Play music and videos with your voice
Find music based on a genre, play your favorite songs, playlists, podcasts, and music videos, or find the perfect tunes for activities like cooking, studying, or working out. You can also skip songs and adjust the volume.
- “Play workout music”
- “Play my Discover Weekly on Spotify”
- “Set volume to 5”
Stay in touch with hands-free calls, texts, and emails
Your Assistant makes it fast and easy to stay connected to those who matter most. Make calls, send text messages, and draft emails to your contacts.
- “Read my unread texts”
- “Call Carly”
- “Text Sam ‘On my way'”
Get quick directions and local info:
Quickly find answers about businesses, restaurants, and attractions, including business hours, traffic info, and Google Maps directions. You can also book a ride with your favorite rideshare company, or find parking lots near your destination.
- “How’s the traffic to work?”
- “Where’s the nearest coffee shop?”
- “Give me directions to the airport”
Get convenient help throughout the day
Stay on top of your schedule and manage your calendar so you don’t forget important appointments and meetings. Set reminders and get alerts so you can check off your daily to-dos. Your Assistant makes it easy to take notes, set timers, add items to your shopping list, and set alarms.
- “Remind me to drink water every morning”
- “Add eggs and bread to my shopping list”
- “Set an alarm for 7 AM”
Search the web and get quick answers
Find fast answers to your questions while you’re out and about, or at home. Get real-time weather forecasts and updates, find how-to videos, check sports scores, search the web, or get language translations when you’re abroad.
- “What’s the weather this weekend?”
- “How much is $50 in euros?”
- “Tell me the latest news”
- *Your device must still meet the requirements in order to use the Google Assistant.
- *You do not need this app to use the Google Assistant if you already have the Google Assistant on your device.
What’s New :
- • Expanded support to Android L and Android tablets
- • Bug fixes and improvements